- BaseballGB on Alltop.com – Baseballgb.co.uk now added in to the baseball section on Alltop.com
- ‘Weekly’ Hit Ground Ball 2008 – Week Seventeen – The trading deadline is approaching and many of the players have little clue, or little say in, where they may end up.
- Baseball and the Radio – A match made in heaven. Reminiscing about the wonders of radio broadcasts of ballgames and the delights provided by MLB.com’s Gameday Audio service.
- National Baseball League: Splitters meet up once more – Joe Gray previews this weekend’s action in the British National Baseball League.
- Dale Tafoya: ‘Bash Brothers’ and beyond – a feature article in which Dale Tafoya, author of ‘Bash Brothers …’, discusses the project and expands upon some of the questions raised by the book.
- Bash Brothers: A Legacy Subpoenaed by Dale Tafoya – a review of this recentl publishe book telling the tales of Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco and the impact they have had on the game.
- Baseball Prospectus: Free this week – Extolling the virtues of this great site and encouraging spectics to give them a try.
- IBAF Olympic update – Following on from the featured article last week about MLB’s role in baseball’s quest to regain its Olympic status, this post highlights the latest communication between the International Baseball Federation and its members.
The main topic this week has of course been the All Star Game:
Elsewhere, there was some potentially important news this week about baseball’s Olympic future. Will the 2016 All Star break last for two weeks? How important is the Olympics to baseball and vice versa?
Finally, the A’s are continuing apace with their rebuilding exercise.
BaseballGB hearalded the arrival of another European into MLB this week:
In a four-part series, Joe Gray took a look at the stats from the Southern section of the British National Baseball League:
Joe also reviewed the events from the games in the top tier of the British league from last weekend:
BaseballGB’s look at the All Star nominations came to a conclusion:
A Fantasy Baseball challenge continued:
Finally, goodies from MLB.com were highlighted: